The fever



We officially have the Olympic (or wimpic, as Lucy says) fever around here. It all started last Friday when Graham stood in front of the TV for 2 hours- and I do mean STOOD..he wouldn't even sit down- to see the New Zealand team walk in. Finally at 10:30 at night, with as much giddiness as a little boy, he saw his flag bearer walk in. Then the lovely TV announcer says "Alright, well as New Zealand comes in, we will head to commercial." The look on Graham's face was priceless and I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants. Poor poor Graham.

So here we are one week in and we are addicted. Graham was even watching badminton today...Really? Badminton? Christian and Lucy are all about the swimming and they love love Michael Phelps. And who doesn't? The other night I woke Christian up to come watch Michael (we are on a first name basis) race with me. I'm so glad I did. It felt like one of those moments that he will remember for the rest of his life... at least I hope so.


I just completed my first week at my new job. I'm a speech pathologist at an elementary school in the district that I grew up in. This week was mostly just orientation stuff but exciting none the less. I loved my job at the private clinic, but this feels more like a career than just a job. I took a picture of my room today. It looks very very sad in this picture especially when I looked around at some of the teachers rooms. I'm pretty sure that teachers take an entire course in college on room decoration. I share the room with a girl who will be working part time in the same room. I haven't even met her yet but she and I spoke on the phone and we already had a conversation that went something like this:


"Feel free to decorate in any way you like."


"No, really, you go right ahead."


"No no, I insist."


Yeah, so maybe we can pay a kindergarten teacher to come in and do something about this:


3 comments:

KatieN721 said...

Oh I feel your pain!! I actually hate decorating my classroom. I always have good intentions, but 10 minutes into I get bored. Last year, I had things start to fall off my bulletin board. I hate decorating so much that I didn't even bother to staple it up again, so it sat there, sadly flopping off my wall, for months.

Anonymous said...

come on now Kelli...you are crafty. surely you can make that look better! I think i could tape a few pictures up and make it look better than the plain look you've got goin'. show some pride! We expect a follow up picture...

Marc & Rachel said...

That's a pretty good sized room! I can just imagine all of the therapizing that will be done in there! I, too, had a room last year that maintained the "welcome to speech!" sign from day 1 to the day I "moved" out. :) I'm sure it will be very inviting and productive.

ps. it's great fun reading up on your fantastic family and life :)