5 years

You never really can know the best way to tell your son that the daddy he has always known is not his biological father. We have always gone out of our way to be very honest with Christian and told him that the man that helped mommy make him couldn't take care of him so his daddy went to the judge and said he would.
I met Graham the week before I found out I was pregnant. He met Christian for the first time when he was 1 and we were married when he was 2 1/2. He has never called anyone else Daddy and he has never called Graham anything but Daddy.
Every year he seems to "get it" more and more but I know the hard questions are probably coming soon. Thing is...we are so lucky. The questions will be hard, but the answer will be easy - Your daddy loves you. He hears it every day and he knows it to be true. This is something I have no doubts about.
Happy 5th anniversary to father and son!

1 comment:

THE WHITTINGTONS said...

I love reading your blog! This post is a beautiful one. Thanks for sharing.