New Digits

I think I will forgo the obligatory "oh my gosh it's been so long since I posted" post. I wrote...I stopped writing...today I write again...blah blah blah. 

We bought a new house in February. New, as in 1970s new. It's a bit of a fixer and I love it! One of the major selling points (I'm really easy to please) was that I was going to have my own mailbox. No community mailbox for us any more! Then, for Christmas, I got a Silhouette Cameo and crafty climax was reached (again...easy to please. Graham is a lucky man). 

My new crafty cutter thingy is perfect for making this atrocity a little more appealing. 


First, I scraped off the old numbers. Well at least I tried to. They were pretty committed to staying there so I half-assed it. Then I spray painted it white. No need to make this part perfect. Just have to make sure that where the new numbers will go are well covered. 

I then used my Cameo to cut the name and number out of contact paper. I think one is supposed to use the official vinyl for this but when one is cheap...contact paper seems like a better option.  
Another coat of white paint is then necessary. Or so I'm told. I have no scientific evidence as to why this is needed but I just do what the internets tell me. 

                            
Once that was dry, I just sprayed it with my black spray paint. 


And, finally, peel off the contact paper. Viola! 


You really shouldn't love a mailbox this much. It's wrong. 

No comments: