Decorating Hit or Miss?

My house is little, and a little bit of a dump...but I love it. I always think that we should get a bigger, better house...but, really this is home. Nine years now. It's a constant work in progress and a new, bigger, better house would also be a work in progress...so why spend the money?? Our house is cheap and it's a great canvas for trying new things. I never worry about screwing anything up.

I had some great pictures of the kids made a few months ago and I just now got around to getting them some frames. I wanted them on this wall, but putting frames just didn't seem like enough.



So, I added a little fabric behind it. Attached with liquid starch...a little technique I learned on the internets. Now, you have to use your imagination a bit. In my head, there would be crown moulding along with a cute little bench...perhaps painted red. And, of course, the toys would not be piled up there. Oh, and also about 2 years ago we scraped the popcorn ceiling off the wall but never painted. So, in fantasy land, the ceilings would be painted. Still not sure about it though???

Here is a close up of the pictures for fun.


No comments: