Happy Birthday

I often think I should re-name this blog "HowIBecameMeemaw.blogspot.com" I am so fortunate to say that I had some fabulous grandmothers. Could not have been more different, but both fabulous in their own right. You went to Grandma's house if you wanted to die for meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and lots of cuddles.* You went to Meemaw's for pizza, cinnamon rolls and fishing. Grandma encouraged you to eat your vegetables and Meemaw bought you an extra pack of Skittles because you didn't like the green and purple ones. Grandma's house smelled of good cookin', Meemaw's of gutted fish. Grandma packed you a nice lunch while Meemaw was just...well...packin'.

Today is Meemaw's birthday. I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't have even remembered her birthday without Aunt Laura but I think of her often. How could I not? Everything crafty about me, I got from her. The blanket I am working on right now I started only because she had an exact replica in blue and white.

Happy Birthday Meemaw!




*Meemaw gave plenty of cuddles too, but hers usually included at least one lift-a-butt-cheek-to-fart.

No comments: