Happy White Trashiversary!

It started with a kiddie pool and an awning - in the FRONT yard. 


Then, I got a little thirsty so I made a little beverage.


The kids were having fun in the pool...


But then Wyatt got hungry...


Got a bucket of chicken...

                                    

and ate it as we lounged...


We each had a fork and just passed around the mac-n-cheese.


When the food came, the flies got bad. This disturbed Lucy...


Good thing I had gotten all that free fly paper.





I'm not really a person motivated by stuff.  I like stuff, I have stuff, there is more stuff I would like to have, but it isn't really what keeps me moving. We get by...we even get by with a few extras...but there isn't a lot fancy about our lives.  Generally, I don't get jealous of other peoples' stuff but I do have my weak moments.  Especially with the addition of Facebook in our lives it's easy to see what other people have and wish that I had the same.  Seeing people I grew up with in their fancy houses with their fancy pools that don't blow away when it's windy, it's easy to feel a twinge of jealousy.  It's easy to wonder 'Should I do more? Should I do more so that I can HAVE more?'  Then I have days like today, days that remind me that I have all the "more" I'm ever going to need!



No comments: