I am so smart...S-M-R-T!

I was a smart kid. Really smart. I think I'm a pretty darn smart adult as well. I'm not saying this to brag, but rather to make a point about the negative. See, I'm naturally smart...not work-your-ass-off-smart. So the lack of effort I demonstrated was remarkable. Not kidding...I went to graduate school at the age of 30 with 2 kids and I purchased NOT ONE textbook. Never read in grad school...not once. Well, that's a lie, I did read Harry Potter. My point is that it makes me feel like a total waste sometimes. I mean, can you imagine what I could have accomplished had I been dedicated to something other than television? Don't get me wrong, I'm no schlub, but I could be curing cancer right now...or better yet, Stickler Syndrome!

Now, here I am with a 9-year-old boy who is smart...really smart. How much effort do you think he put into getting all A's except for one B?

Better yet...would you like to guess what his only comment from the teacher was??

Wait for it.....




"Talks too much"

SHOCK.


No comments: